Chorus and solo singing
I am an experienced singer, and available for solos and choruses.
I’m a high baritone, happy to sing tenor and most bass parts. My range is bass Ab to high tenor Ab, with falsetto to soprano E. I have been known to sing alto in emergencies.
I’m happiest singing in small chamber groups, but can sing solo repertoire from any period (English, Scots, Latin, French, German and Italian languages).
I currently sing with Voces Inauditae. I have augmented the Edinburgh Festival Chorus for Delius’ “Mass of Life” and Walton’s “Belshazzar’s Feast”, performed world premieres of works by Richard Barron, Charles Ross and Tamara Friebel at Glasgow University’s Sound Thought festival, and recorded chorus and solo parts for Derek Williams’ opera “Wilde”. In the past, I’ve sung with:
- Glasgow Chamber Choir
- The National Youth Choir of Scotland
- Glasgow University Chapel Choir
- The RSCM Scottish Singers
- Falkirk Festival Chorus
- Edinburgh University Chorus
- Edinburgh University Renaissance Singers
- Beverley Minster Choir
- Hull University Chamber Choir
- Pembroke College Choir Cambridge
- Cambridge University Singers
- Cambridge University Chorus
I have also accompanied several of the above choirs, and have occasionally accompanied soloists.
If you need a soloist or an extra chorus member in Edinburgh or nearby, even at short notice (my sight-reading is excellent), please get in touch: chris at hutchingsmusic.co.uk .