Skip to content
- “All My Friends Live In My Pocket” – a song about social media for children’s choir and piano, unison with some optional harmonies, this won second prize in the Children’s Choir Of Teh Internet’s composition competition! Premiere May 2020. Contact me for a sample copy.
- We Are One Voice – available (with piano accompaniment) for unison voices, 2-part children’s choir, or SSA for more advanced young singers.
- Welcome Carol (unison voices, with piano and/or guitar) – free as part of #choirsagainstracism. A simple, gorgeous carol, showing how Jesus and his family gave welcome to strangers, were welcomed as refugees, and how we should do the same. Creative Commons license.
The wonderful Inverness NYCoS choir directed by John Thomson have recorded it below:
Version with piano accompaniment, 2 pages
Version with tune and guitar chords only, 1 page
- “Be Still, My Blessed Babe” is an art song / carol for solo mezzo-soprano and piano (possibly the darkest Christmas carol ever written – PDF score £10). It would also be effective with a small group – possibly with different soloists for each verse and all joining in for the chorus? Here’s the recording – thank you to Ruth Carlyle and David Barton for premiering this!
- I’ve put up a new piece for which you can pay as much (or as little) as you want! It’s a 3-part round called “A Bicycle Wheel”, should be suitable for any level of choir.
- 3 Churches Communion Setting – can be performed by unison choir and organ (i.e. treble voices only, if desired). Commissioned by 3 churches in Edinburgh. Purchase from MusicSpoke – a congregation-only version (4 pages) is also available, £1 per copy or free with the PDF of the full version.
- Child In The Manger – 3′, SA choir and piano, fairly easy. Available from MusicSpoke. The recording below is by a girls’ choir at George Watson’s College in Edinburgh, ages 13-17, but would be suitable for younger singers also.
- Loch Lomond for 2-part SA choir, and both parts could also be sung by changed boys’ voices – first verse with easy harmony; second verse can be sung to the same harmony or to a slightly more challenging version. Easy, 2 minutes. Single copies 50p, PDF £10.
- A Red Red Rose for 2-part SA choir. Easy, 2 minutes. Single copies 50p, PDF £10.
- It’s Raining and Under The Wide And Starry Sky will be published in NYCoS’ next 3-4-5-Note Songbook – ordering details to follow as soon as they’re available.
- It’s Raining – (3′, unison choir and piano, easy for choir and slightly tricky for piano – fabulous words by Alastair MacIver). Buy it from MusicSpoke.
- Under The Wide and Starry Sky – (2′, unison choir and piano, very easy – words by Robert Louis Stevenson). Buy it from MusicSpoke.
- The Water Cycle – 6′, children’s choir (SA with some optional divisi and solos), piano, vibraphone, xylophone and marimba (percussion instruments can easily be changed), and optional rainsticks. Copies £1.50, PDF £25.
- Carmina Gadelica is now published by NoteNova, and available for SSA choirs – easy enough to be sung by younger choirs. See http://notenova.com/catalog/composer/chris-hutchings/ for a list of my works on NoteNova.
- Ye Banks and Braes for two-part choir – SA, SB or TB (or ST/AB). Please order this title from Spartan Press – click here to go to their website.
- Crux Fidelis – unison version with organ – 1′, trebles or unison choir. Copies 50p, PDF £10.
- I Know That My Redeemer Liveth – unison version with organ – 2′, unison choir with organ. Copies £1, PDF £20.