- Child In The Manger – 3′, SA choir and piano, fairly easy. Single copies £1, PDF £25. 3 different choirs in the UK performed this during Christmas 2015, and at least one more, Cumbernauld Choir, will sing it at Christmas 2016. The recording below is by Cantemus, a girls’ choir at George Watson’s College in Edinburgh, directed by Steven Griffin.
- New! Loch Lomond for 2-part SA choir (could also be sung by women/men, or high/low voices) – first verse with easy harmony; second verse can be sung to the same harmony or to a slightly more challenging version. Easy, 2 minutes. Single copies 50, PDF £10.
- New! A Red Red Rose for 2-part SA choir. Easy, 2 minutes. Single copies 50p, PDF £10.
- Carmina Gadelica is now published by NoteNova, and available for SSA choirs. See http://notenova.com/catalog/composer/chris-hutchings/ for a list of my works on NoteNova.
- Ye Banks and Braes for two-part choir – SA, SB or TB (or ST/AB). Please order this title from Spartan Press – click here to go to their website.
- A Bicycle Wheel – a 3-part round, ideal for singing outdoors or at anything associated with bicycles!
- 3 Memories of Kurdistan (SSSSAAAA choir)
For a more advanced women’s choir. Words by Aine McAllister, drawn from the collective memory of women she has worked with in a refugee camp in Grande Synthe, France. Download the score (Creative Commons 4.0 License); you can hear demos at the #choirsagainstracism page, and here’s “My Father”, the last movement, recorded by KC VITAs Chamber Choir, Kansas:
- Drop, Drop, Slow Tears – for SSA trio or choir. World premiere available. PDF £25, copies £1.50.
- Thou Knowest, Lord – for SSAA choir, no further divisi (ideally this could be sung by a choir of unbroken voices, girls and/or boy trebles, but would also suit a female voice choir or four good soloists). Quite difficult unaccompanied, but could be performed with organ accompaniment. PDF £25, single copies £1.50.
- La Belle Dame Sans Merci. 7′, four solo sopranos and harp, professional difficulty. Words by John Keats. Hear a recording. £50 for printed scores and parts, or for PDFs.