Original works for small mixed choir
I’ve put up a new piece for which you can pay as much (or as little) as you want! It’s a 3-part round called “A Bicycle Wheel”, should be suitable for any level of choir.
See the #choirsagainstracism page for a three-part setting of “No Man Is An Island” (available for SABar, SSa or TBarB), and for “I Was Listening…” for piano, unison voices and spoken chorus.
These three pieces are available individually from NoteNova, and they can also be ordered as a complete set.
- God To Enfold Me – for three part choir. Lyrics from “Carmina Gadelica”, a translation of an ancient Gaelic song. Hear a recording on SoundCloud. This is now published by NoteNova – order copies from the NoteNova website. Available for SSA, SABar, ATB or TTB choirs!
- Come I This Day To The Father – for three part choir (SSA, SABar, ATB or TBarB), also published by NoteNova. Hear a recording on SoundCloud. Also part of “Carmina Gadelica” and available as a set.
- The Peace of God – for three-part choir (SSA, SABar, ATB or TBarB), published by NoteNova. Hear a recording on Soundcloud. The last part of “Carmina Gadelica”.
- In The Bleak Midwinter (a new setting, not an arrangement) – available for SMezABar choir (one tone higher than the version here, email me for a copy), fairly easy, 4′. Hear Glasgow University Madrigirls (SMezAB version). Single copies £1.50/$2.50, PDF £25/$40.
Arrangements for small mixed choir
- A Highland Lad (The White Cockade) for three-part choir – SAB or SABar. 3 minutes.
- Duncan Gray for three part choir, SAB – medium difficulty due to frequent key changes. 3 minutes.
- Good King Wenceslas, arranged for three-part choir (soprano, alto, and bass/baritone). Hear a recording by the Mackintosh Choir from Glasgow. This is now published by NoteNova – order copies for your choir at the NoteNova website! Easy to medium difficulty (some chromatic work), 2’30”. Text in English. .
The three arrangements below are published by Spartan Press as a set – please order direct from their website. Heritage Masterworks Chorale will include all three in their next concert: Sat 9th Sept, 7.30pm, St Mary’s Church, Thirsk, North Yorkshire, admission free!
- A Red Red Rose for 3-part choir (SABar) – STB or ATB arrangement on request. 3 minutes.
- Jock O’ Hazeldean for three part choir – SAB or STB. Quite easy, but will also be a rewarding light piece for more experienced choirs. 4 minutes.
- Afton Water for three part choir, SABar – easy to medium difficulty (the version in the Spartan Press set is a tone lower than the score you see here). 3 minutes. Hear a recording on YouTube.