I have produced several arrangements for orchestra, and am happy to arrange pieces on commission, for a reasonable rate (roughly £50 per minute of music – negotiable depending on complexity and number of instruments, email me for details). Some examples are below.
Luckington – fanfare and arrangement – original by Basil Harwood
This is a full orchestra arrangement (full strings, woodwind by twos, 2tpt, 4hn, 3trb, tuba, 3perc, SATB choir) – it has a long brass and organ fanfare at the start, and a two-trumpet descant in the second verse. Hear a recording at SoundCloud or view the score.
Carnival of the Animals / Carnaval des Animaux – original by Camille Saint-Saens
These were originally arranged for the Dick Vet Orchestra of Edinburgh University for a concert in March 2010 (small orchestra version) and rearranged for large orchestra for Cumbria Youth Orchestra in October 2012. Saint-Saens died in 1921, so no copyright applies anywhere to the best of my knowledge.
Email me to order full scores and parts for all of these. Prices for PDFs of all scores and parts: small orchestra – £20 per movement or £70 for the whole set, large orchestra – £30 per movement or £100 for the whole set. Prices for sending you printed parts depend on the number of parts required – email for a quote.
- Introduction et Marche Royale Du Lion, small orchestra version – 2 flutes, 2 clarinets, 2 horns, 2 trumpets, strings (excluding bass) and timpani
- Introduction et Marche Royale Du Lion, large orchestra version – 2 flutes, 2 clarinets, 2 oboes, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones, tuba, timpani, percussion and strings (full)
- Poules et Coqs – low brass, strings and optional percussion
- Elephant – large orchestra, small orchestra
- Le Coucou au fond des bois – large orchestra, small orchestra
If you would like to order individual parts for any of these, or would like them rearranged for your orchestra, please get in touch.
Other arrangements available on request (to be uploaded): an arrangement of “Loch Lomond” and “Danny Boy” for small orchestra and choir; Ravel’s “Pavane pour une Infante Defunte”; Pachelbel’s Canon; “The Armadillo” and “The Hippopotamus” by Flanders and Swann (arranged under licence from Faber Music)… Contact me for more information.