New! Wimbledon Choral Society premiered “Adeste Fideles” (a new commission) on 17th December, 6pm in St Paul’s Southfields, London. See the score here (it’s for SSAATBB and organ, could be rearranged on request). £3 per printed copy (plus postage) or £40 for a PDF to print unlimited copies. Listen below!
New! Welcome Carol (unison voices, with piano and/or guitar)
A simple, gorgeous carol, showing how Jesus and his family gave welcome to strangers, were welcomed as refugees, and how we should do the same. Creative Commons licensed as part of #choirsagainstracism.
Difficulty level: very easy. Could be learned in a few minutes by ear. Piano part is slightly trickier.
Version with piano accompaniment, 2 pages
Version with tune and guitar chords only, 1 page
Hear a recording by John Thomson and his young choir from Inverness!
£5/$10 off if you order two or three of these in PDF format, £10/$20 off if you order four or five.
Individual copies – order over 20, get 10% off; order over 50, get 20% off.
- O Clavis David – for SSAATTBB (could be done by 8 soloists, but would work much better with a larger choir). Quite challenging but rewarding. A setting of one of the O Antiphons. Commissioned by the Quodlibet Chorale and premiered in Edinburgh, November 2015 (alongside settings by Gjeilo, Esenvalds, MacMillan, Rubbra and Lukaszewski). PDF £30, single copies £2.
- Child In The Manger – for SA and piano (no divisi), 3′, fairly easy. An old Scots carol translated from Gaelic. Version in Gaelic also available if you fancy a challenge! Single copies £1, PDF £25.
- In The Bleak Midwinter (a new setting, not an arrangement), published by NoteNova – for SATB choir, fairly easy, 4′. SMezABar version also available. Hear Glasgow University Madrigirls (SMezABar version) – or watch the Edinburgh Singers perform it (SATB version). Please order this piece from NoteNova – click here to place an order.
- Balulalow – choir only version or with a piano reduction. For SATB choir with soprano and baritone soli, fairly easy, 6′. Text in Scots – a pronunciation guide is provided. Hear a recording. Single copies £2/$3, PDF £30/$45.
- Good King Wenceslas, arranged for three-part choir (soprano, alto, and bass/baritone), published by NoteNova. Hear a recording from the Mackintosh Choir, Glasgow. Moderate difficulty, 2’30”. Text in English. Order copies from the NoteNova website.
- New! – Videntes Stellam for SSATTB choir, moderate difficulty, 3′. Version with piano reduction also available for perusal.
- New! – Patapan – for SA choir (occasional divisi to SSAA), moderate difficulty, 3′. Text in English. Hear a recording on Soundcloud. Single copies £1.50/$2.50, PDF £25/$40.
- Christus Venit – for SSAATTBB choir, moderate difficulty, 3′. Latin. Single copies Single copies £1.50/$2.50, PDF £25/$40.
- We Three Kings (arrangement), published by NoteNova – for SATB choir, medium difficulty, 2’30”. Hear a recording on this page. Single copies £1/$2, PDF £20/$30.
- Rorate Coeli De Super Double SATB choir and organ, quite difficult, 8′. Text is mainly in old Scots with some Latin. Hear a recording. Single copies £2.50, PDF £30.