Works for SAB or SABar choirs
New! “Statue Songs”, a song cycle for SABar choir and piano, about 20 minutes long, written for Dingwall Choral Society. This was premiered in December 2019. Download a sample copy here (first few pages of each movement, plus a couple of my favourite pages). Email me if you’d like to see a full perusal copy. The piece is also available for SAB (with the bass part rewritten so as to stay below D – there are a couple of Dbs and the remainder is at or below middle C) – again, email me for a perusal copy. Hear the final movement below:
A piece for which you can pay as much (or as little) as you want! It’s a 3-part round called “A Bicycle Wheel”, should be suitable for any level of choir. Free to choirs who work for charities.
In The Bleak Midwinter (a new setting, not an arrangement) – available for SMezABar choir, fairly easy, 4′. Hear Glasgow University Madrigirls (SMezAB version). Single copies £1.50/$2.50, PDF £25/$40.
See the #choirsagainstracism page for a three-part setting of “No Man Is An Island” (available for SABar, SSA or TBarB), and for “I Was Listening…” for piano, unison voices and spoken chorus.
Arrangements for small mixed choir
- A Highland Lad (The White Cockade) for three-part choir – SAB or SABar. 3 minutes.
- Duncan Gray for three part choir, SAB – medium difficulty due to frequent key changes. 3 minutes.
- Good King Wenceslas, arranged for three-part choir (soprano, alto, and bass/baritone). This is now published by NoteNova – order copies for your choir at the NoteNova website! Easy to medium difficulty (some chromatic work), 2’30”. Text in English.
The three arrangements below are published by Spartan Press as a set – please order direct from their website. Heritage Masterworks Chorale have sung all three as a set in concert, and they’ve been performed by several other choirs.
- A Red Red Rose for 3-part choir (SABar) – STB or ATB arrangement on request. 3 minutes.
- Jock O’ Hazeldean for three part choir – SAB or STB. Quite easy, but will also be a rewarding light piece for more experienced choirs. 4 minutes.
- Afton Water for three part choir, SABar – easy to medium difficulty (the version in the Spartan Press set is a tone lower than the score you see here). 3 minutes. Hear a recording on YouTube.
These are published by NoteNova, but as of 2021, their website is down for maintenance and has been for some time. Please email me if you would like copies of these pieces.
These three pieces are available individually or as a complete set. All three are available for SABar, SSA, ATB or TBarB choirs.
- God To Enfold Me – for three part choir. Lyrics from “Carmina Gadelica”, a translation of an ancient Gaelic song. Hear a recording on SoundCloud. Available for SSA, SABar, ATB or TTB choirs!
- Come I This Day To The Father – for three part choir (SSA, SABar, ATB or TBarB). Hear a recording on SoundCloud. Also part of “Carmina Gadelica” and available as a set.
- The Peace of God – for three-part choir (SSA, SABar, ATB or TBarB). The last part of “Carmina Gadelica”.